American Citizen Reference Sheet for Beijing Visit
This is a “cheat sheet” compiled from the official US Embassy to China website. It is intended to be printed and kept with you for reference during your visit to Beijing. Please check the official website (http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/) for complete information. Not an official document of the US Government. Provided by http://beijingtravelreport.com/.
|United States Embassy of Beijing Address and Contact Information
|United States Embassy of Beijing, China
No. 55 An Jia Lou Lu 100600
Tel: (86-10) 8531-3000
Map is on back side
|Chinese Translation for Driver
|American Citizen Services Contact Information|
|Emergency Contact Number: 8531-4000
From Outside Beijing: 010-85314000
From United States: 011-86-10-85314000
|Fax: (86-10) 8531-3300
From Outside Beijing: 010-8531-3300
From the United States: 011-86-10-8531-3300
Services Contact E-mail: ………………………………………….. AmCitBeijing@state.gov
Services Main Webpage: ………………………………………….. http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/service.html
Services Appointment System Information Webpage: …. http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/as092508.html
Services FAQ Webpage: ………………………………………….. http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/acs_faq.html
Services Holidays Closed Webpage:…………………………… http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/holidays.html
American Citizen Services Condensed Information
*Please see the Services Webpage for complete text.
- Entrance by East Gate of Embassy: ACS located on Second Floor of Consular Building
- Closest Subway Stop: Liangmaqiao stop on line #10
- Hours of Operation: ACS window hours are 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday and Friday. We are open only in the morning on Wednesday and Thursday. We are closed Thursday afternoons except for passport pick and emergency situations. We are closed for all major American and Chinese holidays. These are listed on the Services Holidays Closed webpage.
- Passports: Passports applications must be made in person. New passports are generally available in 2 weeks. Appointment required.
- Acceptable Forms of Payment: Payments cannot be made by personal check, but major credit cards, US Dollars, and equivalent Chinese RMBs are acceptable.
- Prohibited Electronics and Bags: Cell phones, any electronics, and large bags are not permitted. Cell phones may be stored with the Embassy Guards.
- Hard Copies of Documents: Please bring hard copies of all documents required.
- Appointment Only: All routine services are by appointment only. Please make appointments at the webpage: https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/default.asp?postcode=BEJ&appcode=1. Print the appointment confirmation and bring with you to the Embassy.
- Arrive 15 Minutes Early: Allow time to clear security. If you miss your appointment by more than 15 minutes, it will be cancelled. You will have to schedule a new appointment via the appointment webpage.
- Bypass Visa Line: Show your passport (or other photo id) and your printed appointment confirmation, and the local guards will let you enter.
Medical Emergencies Advice and List of Facilities in Beijing
The below information is not an endorsement of any one group or individual – it is just information provided for the convenience of the American Traveler.
Foreign Medical Care and Medical Evacuation Insurance: – Embassy encourages purchase of these policies. Some insurance providers have staff in China to assist in case of emergency. Always care the insurance documents with you. http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/acs_health3.html
- Taxi as Medical Transport: Ambulances often do not have trained personnel. It may be faster for Americans to take the first available vehicle to a medical center. Often, this will be a taxi.
- Medical English Speaking Facilities List: http://beijing.usembassy-china.org.cn/acs_health3.html
- Emergency Medical Assistance and Hospital List: Larger list than above of facilities known to treat foreigners. Print from here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/china/197340/PDF/hospital_list.pdf
Local Police, Registration, Arrest and Detainment
- Register with Local Authorities: If you are not staying at a hotel, you must register with local authorities right away, even if staying with relatives or friends.
- Crime Victim: If you are the victim of a crime, contact the local police, not the Embassy.
- Arrest or Detainment: If you are arrested or detained, request to call the American Embassy. You may not be allowed until questioning is completed.
Map to the US Embassy in Beijing
*This is a map of the Embassy neighborhood. It also has the Chinese names so you can show this directly to a taxi driver.
Last Revised on April 28th, 2012
Visit +Kenny Edwards on Google+.